Black Friday officially starts on November 26th, however, we’re already starting to see significant discounts on some of this year’s most popular pieces of tech. Starting in October, many retailers — including Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Walmart — began lowering prices on goods ranging from Apple’s AirPods to LG’s C1 OLED as a part of their early Black Friday sales. The great news is these stores are now starting to drop prices even more aggressively as we approach the big day, and many of them have price-matching policies that guarantee you’ll get the lowest price. Below we’ve compiled some of the best early Black Friday deals available so far, along with some information about upcoming Black Friday sales so you can prepare and score a great deal before it sells out.
Latest deal highlights:
- The Bose QuietComfort 35 II, a terrific pair of wireless headphones with multipoint pairing and effective noise cancellation, are now on sale for $180 at Amazon, their best price to date.
- A three-pack of Philips Hue white and color A19 bulbs is down to $100 at Best Buy and Amazon, the second-best price we’ve seen on the Bluetooth-equipped smart bulbs.
- Right now, Staples is offering Apple’s compact Homepod mini for $89 instead of $99. We found the mini smart speaker offers good sound for its size and works well with other Apple devices. Read our full review.
- Normally $249, the Microsoft Surface Headphones 2 are available at Amazon for just $163, easily the best price we’ve seen on the over-ear headphones. They may not be the most comfortable to wear during extended listening sessions, but they offer excellent multipoint pairing, improved battery life, and terrific controls. Read our full review.
The best Black Friday deals on 4K TV
- Right now, Amazon is discounting all sizes of one of the best TVs for gaming, the LG C1. The 48-inch model is on sale for $1,097 instead of $1,297, while the 55-inch is selling for $1,297 and the 65-inch for $1,797. Regardless of which configuration you choose, all sport several features gamers will love, including a 120Hz refresh rate, Dolby Vision HDR compatibility, and support for HDMI 2.1. Best Buy is offering the same discounts, except with 30 days of FuboTV Pro and three months of Apple TV Plus, as well as the option to save $90 on Facebook Portal TV, a camera accessory that brings wide-angle video chats to your TV.
- Amazon is also discounting various sizes of Samsung’s The Frame, a unique kind of TV that functions both as wall art and an HDR-compatible QLED. Right now, for example, you can buy the 65-inch model for $1,498 instead of $2,000, and the 55-inch for $998 instead of $1,500. The TV offers a decor-friendly design while also displaying customizable images when somebody’s in the room. When turned on, however, it transforms into a smart 4K TV with Amazon’s Alexa built-in and a 120Hz refresh rate. Best Buy is matching this deal as well, and including 30 days of FuboTV Pro as well as the option to save $90 on Facebook Portal TV.
- This 70-inch LG TV may only feature midrange specs, but Best Buy has brought it down to its lowest price ever. The LG NanoCell 75 series TV is down to just $750 for a limited time, a staggering $450 off the list price. The 4K panel is powered by LG’s WebOS smart platform, which offers a solid array of streaming services and includes HDR10 for vivid picture quality. The 75 Series also comes equipped with three HDMI ports and ARC compatibility, as well as Apple’s AirPlay 2, which allows you to cast content from your Apple device to your TV. It may not be as impressive as an OLED TV, but $750 for a 70-inch panel is still a solid value.
- Naturally, Amazon is offering some great discounts on its own products, taking between $140 and $150 off the Omni Series (50-inch / 55-inch) and 4-Series 4K Fire TVs (50-inch / 55-inch).
The best Black Friday deals on streaming devices
- The latest Roku Streaming Stick 4K, which just launched in September, is selling at Amazon, Target, and Best Buy at a record low. Normally $50, the retailer is offering the streaming device for around $30. The 2021 model is faster, comes with improved Wi-Fi performance, and supports Dolby Vision and HDR10 Plus. Roku’s players also now support AirPlay 2, which means you can use your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to easily cast content to the device. Read our review.
- This accessible Roku alternative from Google features support for Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision, and the current sale at the Google Store and Best Buy has brought the Chromecast with Google TV down to $40, saving you $10 off the regular price. The streaming device features access to all of your favorite streaming services and has a built-in voice assistant to help you find your favorite shows. You can even cast media from your phone through the Chromecast app. Read our review.
- Sideclick’s Universal Remote Attachment adds more functionality to your Roku streaming player remote and makes it possible to control Blu-ray players, soundbars, TVs, and more with a single remote. Right now, you can buy it for $15 instead of $30.
The best Black Friday deals on laptops and tablets
- The Lenovo Yoga 9i remains one of our favorite alternatives to the Microsoft Surface line of ultrabooks and, right now, Best Buy is offering the slick 2-in-1 for $1,350. While this model received a similar discount a couple of months ago, it still remains a solid value. The foldable laptop boasts some impressive specs, too, with an 11th Gen Core i7 CPU, 512GB of storage, and Iris Xe integrated graphics. This hardware, paired with a 4K touchscreen display and a garaged stylus, makes the 9i a great choice for creators.
- HP’s 15.6-inch laptop with Windows Home in S Mode is on sale at Best Buy for $330 instead of $500. This particular model features 8GB RAM, a 256GB SSD, and an Intel 11th Gen Core i3 processor.
- Samsung’s 11.6-inch Galaxy Chromebook 4 is now on sale for $180 instead of $250 at Amazon. This particular model includes 4GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage.
- The Dell XPS 15 ultrabook is currently enjoying a solid discount. Dell has reduced the price of this particular configuration to $2,199, taking $396 off the usual price tag. This is the best deal we’ve seen on this laptop so far, with some retailers charging as much as $2,600 for the same configuration. This model boasts some impressive specs with an 11th Gen Core i9 CPU and an RTX 3050 Ti graphics card, not to mention 32GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD. Our reviewer, Monica Chin, liked the 16:10 display and snappy keyboard, even though the XPS 15 tended to get a little hot under load. Read our full review.
- The latest model of the Dell XPS 13 takes what made last year’s model so great and makes it better. During its Black Friday sale, Dell has marked down this configuration to $1,369, taking about $260 off the regular MSRP. While not quite the same configuration, aforementioned reviewer Monica Chin described the Dell XPS 13 as the company’s “best-in-class 13-inch ultraportable laptop.” This particular configuration comes equipped with an Intel Core i7-1195G7, 16GB of RAM, and a 512GB SSD. While the integrated Iris Xe GPU doesn’t have enough juice for gaming, this lightweight laptop is remarkably versatile and remains a powerful choice in the 13-inch laptop class. Read our review.
- If you need a powerful iPad with plenty of storage and a gorgeous display, B&H is selling the Wi-Fi version of the latest 12.9-inch iPad Pro with 256GB of storage for its lowest price to date. Normally $1,199, the retailer is selling it for $1,099 for a limited time. In Dieter Bohn’s review, he deemed this model to be the nicest iPad available, even with its strange camera placement. The 2021 iPad Pro is also a speed demon thanks to Apple’s M1 chip and comes with welcome features such as a Mini LED display, Thunderbolt connectivity, Wi-Fi 6 support, and Face ID, which allows you to unlock the device with just a glance.
- If you’re looking for a cheap entertainment device, Samsung’s 32GB Galaxy Tab A7 is on sale for $150 at Target. It’s not going to match an iPad in terms of performance, but it still offers reliable battery life, solid speakers, and a vibrant display. Read our full review.
The best Black Friday deals on noise-canceling headphones
- Typically $400, Amazon is currently selling the best-sounding noise-canceling headphones for non-Apple users — the Sennheiser Momentum 3 Wireless — in black for $228 or in white for $220. That’s one of the lowest prices Amazon has ever sold them for. As noted in our review, we found that the comfortable headphones offer detailed, bass-rich sound while providing 17 hours of playback per charge. They even come outfitted with a USB-C port and a compact, foldable design.
- If you’re looking for discounts on Apple’s high-end AirPods Max, the excellent noise-canceling headphones are currently on sale in select colorways at Amazon for just $429, a hefty $120 off. It may not be the all-time low as far as pricing goes, but it’s the closest you can get right now if you’re shopping early. Read our review.
- Regularly $300, the Bose QuietComfort 35 Noise Canceling Wireless Headphones II are currently selling for around $180 at Target, Amazon, and Best Buy. Released in 2017, these wireless, noise-canceling headphones can seamlessly switch between two paired devices and, unlike their predecessor, support both Alexa and Google Assistant.
- Apple’s discontinued Beats Solo 3 are on sale for $100 right now at Target and Amazon, which is $100 off the original price tag. Although they’re beginning to show their age, we initially praised the comfortable headphones in our 2016 review and noted how well they isolate exterior noise. They also offer great wireless performance and come in two colorways: black and rose gold.
The best Black Friday deals on true wireless earbuds
- Right now, you can pick up the best wireless earbuds that iPhone owners can buy at an all-time low. Typically $249, the MagSafe-ready AirPods Pro are now just $159 at Amazon and Walmart. Like the third-gen AirPods, the 2021 AirPods Pro come with a new charging case that works with Apple’s MagSafe magnetic charging system. If you’re interested in cheaper models, however, Amazon has the second-gen AirPods with the wired charging case for $109 instead of $159. Read our AirPods Pro review.
- Amazon Prime members can pick up Apple’s third-gen AirPods at Woot for $165, the best price we’ve seen yet on the true wireless earbuds since they made their debut last month. While we still recommend the AirPods Pro, the third-gen AirPods sport shorter stems, IPX4 water resistance, and improved sound over the last-gen model. Read our full review.
- Regularly $200, the Galaxy Buds Pro are currently on sale for $150 at Samsung, Best Buy, Amazon, and Target. In our review, we noted how much we loved their amazing sound quality and IPX7 water resistance.
- The Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus, the improved version of the original Galaxy Buds, are available for $79 at Walmart and Amazon. This deal brings them well below their typical $100 price tag, making them an excellent value. In our review, we noted their drastic improvement in battery life as well as their comfortable fit. While Samsung has since improved on this design with the Galaxy Buds 2, adding noise cancellation among other features, their higher price point makes them a slightly tougher sell.
- The Galaxy Buds Live are another great option if you’re looking for a pair of true wireless earbuds. Normally these shiny ear beans cost $170, but are currently on sale for just $100 at Samsung, Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and B&H Photo. Despite their unconventional shape, our reviewer Chris Welch liked their overall sound quality and marathon battery life, but thought the noise cancellation could use some improvement.
- Amazon, Best Buy, and Target are currently selling Sony’s WF-1000XM4, our top pick for the best wireless earbuds, for around $248 instead of $280. Read our review.
- The black configuration of Sennheiser’s Momentum True Wireless 2 is down to just $196 at Amazon. Normally $300, the excellent noise-canceling earbuds offer great ANC performance, customizable controls, and sound that can nearly match that of a premium pair of noise-canceling over-ear headphones. Read our full review.
The best Black Friday deals on smartwatches
- The Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 has hit a new low price of $180 ($70 off) in the 40mm Bluetooth configuration at Amazon and Walmart. Read our review.
The best Black Friday deals on phones
- The Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is on sale for just $1,100 at Samsung, $100 off the list price. While this phone doesn’t come packaged with a complimentary pair of earbuds like some other models, you do get a free 11-inch Chromebook. While free is generally a good thing, just note that the model on offer here isn’t exactly premium, as it comes with just 4GB of RAM and 32GB of storage. Amazon also has the Note 20 Ultra for $1,076 though without any freebies. Read our review.
- The current deal on the 128GB Galaxy S21 will save you $100, bringing the price down to just $700 at Samsung. This is the only model currently on sale that doesn’t net you any extra goodies, but it’s a solid value regardless. Read our review.
- The slick Galaxy Z Fold 3 is on sale in the 256GB configuration with a free pair of Galaxy Buds 2 for $1,500 at Amazon or $1,550 at Samsung. If you prefer the best price outright, with no need for extras, Best Buy has it for just $1,400. Normally $1,800, Samsung’s current discount makes for one of the better deals we’ve seen on the luxury foldable. Read our review.
- Samsung is currently offering $100 off the 128GB version of the Galaxy Flip 3 (regularly $1,000). Purchasing this foldable phone also nets you a free pair of Galaxy Buds 2 in the color your choice. Read our review.
- A rare discount on the Google Pixel 5A has reduced the price of the phone to $400 at the Google Store, knocking $50 off the regular price. While all eyes are on the new Pixel 6, we still stand by the Pixel 5A as a solid and affordable entry. Featuring one of the best cameras available in a midrange smartphone, the 5G-compatible 5A also comes equipped with 128GB of onboard storage, IP67 water resistance, and improved battery life. Read our review.
The best Black Friday deals on smart home tech
- The Google Nest Hub is the best and biggest smart home assistant in the Google ecosystem. Currently, you can save $50 on this smart hub at the Google Store and Walmart, bringing the price down to $179. The display’s built-in camera allows you to make video calls, and the 10-inch screen allows you to access media from your favorite streaming services or cast just about anything from your phone. In our review, we noted that we were particularly impressed by this device’s ability to display personalized content based on who is looking at the screen.
- Google’s lozenge-shaped Nest Mini is available for $25 at Best Buy and Walmart, half off the original price tag. In his review, Verge staffer Cameron Faulkner called the smart speaker a great sounding upgrade over the last-gen Home Mini.
- A bundle containing the Roomba i3 Plus with a self-emptying base and the Braava Jet m6 mop is on sale at Best Buy for $585 (regularly $850). You can also pick up the Roomba i3 Plus with Clean Base on its own for $400, regularly $599.
- The battery-operated Nest Doorbell is down to just $130 in the Google Store, $50 off its regular price tag. Read our full review.
- The Google Store has reduced the price of the Nest Audio, the big sibling to the Home Mini, to $60. This smart speaker comes packaged with Google Assistant and can be paired with other Nest speakers for additional audio coverage. Read our full review.
- Amazon’s stalwart, third-gen Echo Dot smart speaker can be had at Amazon for just $20 right now, down from $40, a great deal on a still good speaker to control your smart home. Read our full review.
- The best discount we’ve seen on the Nest Learning Thermostat is now live at the Google Store, allowing you to save $70 on a single unit or $150 on a two-pack, lowering the prices to $180 and $348, respectively.
- Abode’s great little Abode Cam 2, an indoor / outdoor camera that works with or without an Abode system, is $25 at Abode. If you want to add a security system, too, Abode has an excellent bundle exclusively on its website for $299, a savings of $300. It includes the Abode Cam 2, the security gateway, a keypad, two door sensors, a motion sensor, a keyfob, and an Echo Show 5, with the option of professional monitoring.
- A single deployment of the Nest Wifi Router has been reduced to $139 at the Google Store, $30 off the regular price. You can also grab a bundle with a single access point for $179, or two access points for $249. Read our full review.
- Eero Pro 6 is offering up to 40 percent off its excellent mesh Wi-Fi routers that have Thread radios built-in (and which Eero has said will get upgraded to the new smart home standard Matter, when it arrives next year). The Eero Pro 6 two-pack is selling for $299, a savings of $100, and the Eero 6 two-pack is down to $167 from $279, at Amazon and Eero. Read our full Eero review.
The best Black Friday gaming deals
- Mass Effect: Legendary Edition for Xbox — which is compatible with Xbox One, Series S, or Series X — is on sale for just $28 at Amazon, the best price we’ve seen on the optimized, three-game collection.
- If you’re a PlayStation gamer, Amazon is offering a one-year membership to PlayStation Plus for just $40 ($20 off). This service grants you access to online multiplayer, exclusive discounts, and complimentary titles each month to add to your PSN account.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is down to $40 at GameStop right now, an all-time low for the phenomenal Nintendo Switch exclusive. Read our full review.
- A three-month subscription to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is $25 at Target instead of $45, granting you access to online multiplayer, exclusive discounts, and a robust library of Xbox games at a fraction of what the subscription normally retails for.
- Probably the best deal in gaming — one that spans video games and tabletop games — is Target’s Mix and Match sale, which allows you to buy two items from an approved list and get a third for free. The list of items the sale covers is robust, and includes everything from board games, to craft supplies, to some of the latest video games. If you can think of a faster way to fill your stockings this holiday, we’d like to hear it.
- Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, one of the best PlayStation 5 exclusives to date, is down to just $50 at Amazon. Read our full review.
- The Nintendo Switch version of Hades, easily one of the best games of 2020, is available at Walmart for just $20, down from its usual sale price of $35.
- If you’re looking for a solid gaming mouse, the latest iteration of the Razer Viper is on sale for $40 at Amazon and Best Buy, its lowest price to date. The latest model retains the same lightweight and ambidextrous chassis that made the original so good, but ups the ante with a 20K DPI sensor and a polling rate of 8000Hz.
- Razer’s Wolverine V2 wired gaming controller, which is essentially an affordable version of the Xbox Elite controller, is on sale at Amazon as part of a bundle with a Kaira Pro gaming headset. Normally $250, you can pick up both peripherals for $170 for a limited time.
The best Black Friday deals on cameras
- The older GoPro Hero8 Black often retails for $300 on its own, but Walmart is offering a bundle that includes the popular 4K action cam for just $249. Other retailers offer the camera alone for $250, so this bundle is the better value. It includes a dual battery charger and a total of three batteries, so you’ll never run out of juice. This rugged digital camera is perfectly suited for capturing fast-moving action wherever and whenever it happens. The HyperSmooth technology provides an amazing level of image stabilization, while the LiveBurst feature automatically records anything that happens two seconds before and two seconds after your shot. Read our full review.
- The latest GoPro, the GoPro Hero10 Black, is currently selling at its lowest price ever. Normally $500, B&H is now selling the popular action cam for $450. The Hero10 Black boasts all the amazing features found on its predecessor — which we once called the “biggest, baddest action camera out there” — and more, like a new processor that allows it to shoot in higher frame rates and upload videos to the cloud while charging. It’s also compatible with Hero9 accessories, meaning those looking to upgrade won’t necessarily need to purchase new add-ons. Read our review.
- B&H is starting to release several deals on cameras from Sony, Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Fujifilm, Panasonic, and more. This includes the Canon EOS R mirrorless camera, which is selling for $1,599 instead of $1,800. Read our Canon EOS R review.
- Sony’s ZV-1 point-and-shoot camera is currently on sale for $796 with a vlogger accessory kit at B&H, a savings of $100. The bundle includes the 20MP, 4K-capable camera as well as a wireless shooting grip and a 64GB memory card.
Other great deals happening now
A great companion to any streamer or podcaster, the Blue Yeti microphone is on sale at Amazon for $100, matching one of its best prices to date. The Yeti can conform to a number of recording environments thanks to the Blue VO!CE software, which allows you to change pickup patterns, modulate, and otherwise fine-tune your audio. The mic comes packaged with its own stand but is also compatible with a wide variety of booms and mic arms if that’s more your style. The current discount applies to the black, blue, grey, and silver models, meaning you’ve got a variety of styles to choose from.
If you’re looking to add some storage space to your PC, Amazon is currently discounting Western Digital’s 2TB and 4TB My Passport models in a variety of colors. Typically $380, you can buy the 2TB SSD for $230, or the 4TB model for $550. Western Digital claims up to sequential read / write speeds of 1,050MB/s and 1,000MB/s, respectively, and the deal also includes a USB Type-A adapter in the box.
- Amazon is currently offering some excellent savings on a variety of Shure microphones. These include some of the heavy-hitters of the podcast world, with, for example, the Shure SM7B going for $359 instead of $399 at Amazon.
- This 38-inch soundbar from Samsung is currently available for $280 at Best Buy, its lowest price to date. The 7.1 soundbar comes packaged with a wireless subwoofer and rear-channel speakers, too, helping keep cable clutter to a minimum.
- Amazon’s 11th-gen Kindle Paperwhite Kids is on sale at Amazon for $115, its best price to date. The kid-centric Paperwhite is the same as the 8GB base model but comes with a cover, a two-year warranty, and a year-long subscription to Amazon Kids Plus, which provides your child access to a trove of kid-friendly books and other content.
- The Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 is available in either blue or gray at Amazon for $95.
Snap plans to slow hiring, warns that revenue will grow slower than expected
Apple shipped me a 79-pound iPhone repair kit to fix a 1.1-ounce battery
Microsoft is testing Android 12.1 and other improvements for Windows 11
Spotify is ‘blending’ your playlists with K-pop stars
A new Daredevil series is reportedly coming to Disney Plus
Now non-Tesla EVs can use its Superchargers in the UK, Spain, Sweden, and Austria
PS5 console covers will be available in three new galactic colors in June
Sony doesn’t want you to know that it’s donating $100K for reproductive rights
Our memories of the iPod
Phishing attack pop-up targets MetaMask users visiting popular crypto sites
Join us On Facebook
Tech News3 months ago
Russia suspends Soyuz rocket launches over European sanctions
Tech News2 weeks ago
Anonymous bulletin board app Yik Yak is revealing its users’ exact locations
Tech News2 months ago
NFTs will be on Instagram soon, according to Mark Zuckerberg
Tech News2 months ago
The mashup of an M1 and G4 is the whimsical Apple desktop I want
Tech News3 months ago
Most Apple Watch users won’t get health benefits from AFib detection, study finds
Tech News3 months ago
Trump’s Truth Social app can’t beat Twitter, but it doesn’t have to
Tech News3 months ago
Valve says the Steam Deck’s ‘stick drift’ was a bug and it’s already shipped a fix
Tech News3 months ago
Dish says its 5G buildout is going great, thanks for asking, how are you?